This is Me!

This is Me!

Saturday, September 18, 2010

My future?

Okay so first I am going to talk about what I did today that I was sooo excited for. I went to the ZOO!!! I was so happy, I love the zoo. FYI: that would be a great date place. I was there to volunteer with my intervarsity group on campus. It was elephant appreciation day so we helped out with the different booths. It was fun, but my favorite part was walking around a little before and after. The only thing that kind of sucked was that we didn't get to walk around the whole place. My group had to get going and they were really hungry, but I am sure I will go again sometime this year. So that was my exciting news. I'll post some pics later.

In other news I have some serious stuff to talk about. So I have been thinking a lot lately, as many of you may know. I have been in college for three weeks now and I have been evaluating if this is really for me. I mean I don't know if I can do 4 more years of school. I don't know if I have it in me, or if I even want to. I have been going through a couple of different options in my head so here they are"
  
   1. I will finish off this semester then commute next semester and see how it goes. I would decide where I would go from there after I see how my classes go.
     - Don't get me wrong I have always wanted to be a teacher but I don't know if that's what I really want right now in my life. I have so many ideas running around in my head it's so hard to decide what I want. I have been talking to people and praying but I still don't know. It's hard to pick a path.

    2. I would transfer next semester or next year to WCTC and pursue cosmetology. I have really been getting into cosmetology the past year, and I really like it. I would just have to see how much it would cost and if my financial aid would cover it, because this is a very likely option if I get a good package like I got from my current college.
              - with this option I would be close to home and I could get a job and start earning some money.

    3. I could suck it up and stay at Carroll and finish it off.
               -    this is an option i really don't want to do. I just feel like it isn't right for me.

Like I said I have spent a lot of time praying and thinking about these things, and it scares me because this will effect the rest of my life. I just don't know what to do. I would love it if you guys could give me some of your input and guidance. I hate not knowing my plans...

4 comments:

  1. I have a lovely solution for you.

    option #4. transfer to whitewater where jessie and i are and do the college of ed thing here because that is where i met all my friends, through the classes we all had together and stuff. good plan? i think so! :)

    p.s. after tuesday i am pretty much homework free and i think we should skypppeee and we can chit chat. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay, sorry Annie but I don't picture myself at whitewater, but I could add visit whitewatermore to my other options

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, Jenny. Be still and know that He is God. Psalm 46. I think that if you surrender this to Him, you'll find peace. I know, trust me, surrendering is hard. Trusting is even worse. But he will speak to you...

    Ps. Some of my friends went to the zoo today. You probablly saw them there :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I know Jenny. It's probably not helping, but I just like to push what I like school wise on others, but yes I do understand Whitewater is not for everyone. I hope everything is going better though!

    ReplyDelete